A Club's committee may depend on the size of the club involved. Grassroots football clubs from around the country range from roughly 30 members to well over 2000. Depending on the size of your club, the following positions are recommended to ensure stability and control over the clubs activities
- President – oversee the running of the club and direct point of contact
- Treasurer – financial control and stability
- Club Administrator (Registrar) – ensuring registrations are completed for players
The above key roles are fundamental as they address the most important features that a club must address. Others roles that can be included are;
- Vice President
- Association Delegate
- Junior/Senior Co-ordinator
- Member Protection Officer
- Grading and coaching Co-ordinator
- Canteen Co-ordinator
- Equipment Officer
- Sponsorship and Marketing Officer
There are many more roles that can be used depending on the size of the club involved. Many clubs split certain positions into smaller more manageable positions such as Junior (10 – 17)/Senior (18+)/Mini (5-9) co-ordinator positions as it can be a lot for a volunteer to handle given they have their own jobs.
For a comprehensive list of Position Descriptions for roles within a Club, and to get involved with the National Club Accreditation Scheme. Click HERE.